Tuesday, December 21, 2010

New helmet camera test.

Well finally got a few hrs of sledding in this past weekend. Just went locally up to the Coquihalla. Lots of fresh snow you just had to get out of the general travel areas to play in it. Sled was working awesome. Me on the other hand was a different story. My sled was broke all last year so this was my first real ride in over a year and a half, and it showed. I nicknamed myself "pinball" for the day LOL.

                          Handed Paul my camera to take a few pics of me , thanks dude.

                           Here is Paul on the 900 KingCat, breaking in a new engine.


It was also my chance to try my brand new helmet camera which is also new to the market and just released in Canada this past week. It is called the Gobandit HD. It records in 720p at 30fps. Not as robust as the Contour HD or GoPRo HD but it had one feature that interested me. It is a gps unit so it tracks your speed and elevation but the really cool part is that you can skin your video with this info. Pretty cool, especially handy to see your start and stop elevation when climbing in the back country up around Whistler, BC.

First impressions are disappointing to say the least. It seems to have a huge banding issue ,out in the snow anyway. Will do some more testing before I really rip it apart.

You can also check out hd 720p version on vimeo

1 comment:

  1. Why not post in 720p? It does not look very good. Looking at the hero hd footage in snow it seems to be much cleaner. Post a 720p version so we can really see it.
    Never rode one of them things your on but it does sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete